Human resilience is the ability to muster your inner resources in order to ‘bounce back’ from adversity. It is that almost indefinable quality that allows a person, place, or thing to be beaten down by some of the experiences of life, yet come back with the resolve to carry on to bigger and better things. But resilience isn’t only helpful in situations of adversity. How resilient you are can help you navigate everyday life situations with grace and ease.
Navigating the stressors of today’s superfast, global access, immediate response needed-mindset requires a much wider arsenal than the average or historical stress management techniques. It’s no longer enough to simply be health-conscious, rather staying grounded and healthy requires actively developing a sense of well-being along with the characteristics of resilience.
This 8-week online course introduces participants to information and practices developed for the restoration of well-being and the cultivation of resilience. The life-enhancing characteristics of self-efficacy, authentic self-care, increased levels of self-awareness, and the cultivation of healthy boundaries, all contribute to deeper levels of resilience and well-being.
This course is divided into 8 week-long modules, each consisting of instructor-led interaction and discussion, as well as, information and resources, podcasts and videos, and applied techniques for cultivating resilience and well-being.
In this course you will learn about:
- The Stress-Adaptation Response
- Key terms and concepts concerning Hassles, Stressors, and Stress Management
- The various theories presented within the medical field concerning the impact of stress and stress management techniques
- Healthier lifestyle choices that reinforce resilience
- Aspects of social influence, including aspects of the Psychology of relationships and communication techniques.
And when completed you will be able to:
- Identify Psychological factors for health and wellness and practice and apply techniques explored each week.
- Discuss various factors contributing to stress and identify simple steps to eliminating hassles and stressors
- Identify sources of internal and external stress and cultivate practices that decrease the impact of those stressors beyond your control
- Discuss methods for self-awareness, regulation, and transcendence
This course delivery includes:
- Weekly topics and exploration
- zoom calls
- discussion forums
- Audio and video resources
- Access to learning materials and resources
Instructor Bio: Dr. Stephanie Shelburne is an Integrative Health Specialist who spends her time as a guide, teacher, researcher, and writer for optimal health and well-being. She began studying meditation and practicing Ayurveda over 25 years ago. She utilizes her doctoral education in Lifestyle Medicine and Holistic Nutrition to guide people to more healthful, harmonious, and balanced lifestyles.
She offers both health education and spiritual guidance in her private practice and has worked with many individuals and groups over the years through individual sessions, group classes and workshops, retreats, and year-long practice programs. You can find more about her at www.stephanieshelburne.com and www.bodecology.com