Introduction to Living Systems
This course invites you to shift your focus of exploration into the natural world, from one of separate entities to one of a system of relationships. Nature is self-organizing, whether as cells, bodies, ecosystems, even the universe itself. In this 8-week instructor led, online course, you will learn to generate a level of self-stillness that allows you to sense into and ultimately participate with the elegant simplicity and constancy of observable living systems.
We will engage in the material presented with particular emphasis on exploring the self- regulating properties of self-awareness and coherence as an active integrating system of a larger ecology of living systems.
This exploration will follow the basic flow of Living Systems Theory over the course of 8 weeks:
- Living Systems Theory
- Organizations as Living Systems
- Interconnections and Networks
- Recognizing Feedback Loops
- Self and non-self within Living Systems
- Understanding adaptive mutations
- Rejuvenation, Replenishment, and Reinvention
- The Multiplicity of Communication
Through weekly meetings (live and recorded), readings, audio and visual resources, and activities/invitations, you will develop new knowledge and understanding of:
- The Structure, Interactions, and Behavior of Living Systems
- Self and Environment as a Living System
- Integrative Dynamics and Behavior of Living Systems
- The Self-Organizing Principles of Systems and Subsystems within the Self and the Environment
- Distinguishing Factors Within Individuals, Groups, Organizations, Communities, and the Natural World
- Recognize and Leverage Adaptive and Non-adaptive Communication
- Enhanced Self-Regulatory Capacity
- Leadership attributes enhancing interpersonal competencies within social and natural circumstances.
- Heightened natural awareness and capacity to authentically communicate within your environment.
This course delivery includes:
- Weekly topics and exploration
- zoom calls
- daily sounbytes
- discussion forums and chats
- Audio and video resources
- Access to learning materials and resources
Non-member tuition: $350
Member tuition: $99 per month