Exploring Living Systems Theory for the Wellbeing of Self, Society, and the Natural World
This course invites you to shift your focus of exploration into the wellbeing of the natural world, from one of the separate entities to one of a system of relationships.
Nature is self-organizing, whether as cells, bodies, ecosystems, even the universe itself. In this 8-week instructor-led, online course, you will learn to generate a level of self-stillness that allows you to sense into and ultimately participate with the elegant simplicity and constancy of observable living systems.
Save the Date: 5/30-7/25/22
We will engage in the material presented with particular emphasis on exploring the self-regulating properties of self-awareness and coherence as an active integrating system of a larger ecology of living systems.
This exploration will follow the basic flow of Living Systems Theory over the course of 8 weeks:
- Living Systems Theory
- Organization of Living Systems
- Interconnections and Networks
- Recognizing Feedback Loops
- Self and non-self within Living Systems
- Understanding adaptive mutations
- Rejuvenation, Replenishment, and Reinvention
- The Multiplicity of Communication
Through weekly meetings (live and recorded), readings, audio and visual resources, and activities/invitations, you will develop new knowledge and understanding of:
- The structure, interactions, and behavior of Living Systems as an interrelated process.
- The role of the Self within the wholeness of nature.
- Integrative dynamics and patterns of interaction in response to internal and external relationships
- The self-organizing principles of systems and subsystems within the Self and the Environment
- Distinguishing factors within individuals, groups, organizations, communities, and the natural world that can be enhanced for optimal wellbeing.
- Recognition and leverage of Adaptive and Non-adaptive Communication for systemic wellbeing
- Enhanced capacity for self-awareness and self-regulation as a means of cultivating deeper systemic coherence
- Ability to identify feedback loops and strategies for amplification of optimal systems
- Heightened awareness of the natural world and methods of intercommunication
This course is a hybrid course, including live and online resources. Course delivery includes:
- Weekly zoom calls
- Discussion forums and chats
- Experiential exercises and practices
- Daily related Soundbytes
- Audio and video resources
- Access to learning materials and resources
Tuition for this 8-week hybrid course:
- $350 (one-time full payment) Register Here