In this course, you will explore some of the myths, the personal and transpersonal stories that shape who you are, and how you walk through the world. Contrary to popular belief, a myth is not a falsehood. A myth is a story that holds universal and/or collective truths. They are stories woven through time, tethering us to our known ancestors and beyond.
In this course, you will unpack some of your personal myths (yes, you have many) the origins of your actions, attitudes, and behaviors will be illuminated. Through the use of experiential exercises and reflective writing assignments, you will come to know yourself in a new way. When you understand the story that you are living, you can more consciously direct the narrative of your life.
Throughout our time together, we will be looking at several myths. The goal is to understand which stories support your growth and which ones have you tethered to a maladaptive narrative that needs a good editor.
This course is virtual and instructor-led. Participants will be provided with LMS login information and access to the course shell 48 hours before the course begins.
The objectives of this course are:
- Discovering a guide, ally, within themselves they can lean on or look to for internal support.
- Examining some of the myths, stories, that are interwoven into their lives.
- Gaining an understanding of how these myths have impacted their decision-making.
- Identifying similarities and differences of their stories to the stories of their ancestors.
- Examining how those stories are found in popular culture, literature, mythology film TV, etc.
Participants will gain new knowledge:
- Have a foundational understanding of transpersonal psychology.
- Have a foundational understanding of the concept of archetypes.
- Have a foundational understanding of the collective unconscious and universal stories.
- Understand personal myths they live by and have inherited from their ancestors.
- Begin to understand how to reframe, rewrite, maladaptive myths.
- Understand the power of story, when it comes to understanding the self.
This course delivery includes:
- Weekly topics and exploration
- zoom calls
- discussion forums
- Audio and video resources
- Access to learning materials and resources
Non-member tuition: $350
Member tuition: $99 per month
Dr. Laura Tadd works as a psychological astrologer, educator, and writer. She holds an MA and Ph.D. in Human Science. As an internationally known astrologer, Laura works in a consulting capacity with people around the world. She teaches and lectures on astrology and related disciplines both in-person and online.
Dr. Tadd brings her expertise to LLR in the form of curriculum development and delivery in the realm of cultivating competencies and skills necessary for resilience.
Learn more about Dr. Tadd at www.mythicsky.com